Micah Veanes, 15, was engaged in two of his favorite activities, fishing and FaceTiming with his girlfriend Jordan Denson, when he snagged his fishing line on a power line and was electrocuted.
The accident that occurred on May 15 sent electricity through the Lebanon teen’s body causing serious injuries including severe burns.
According to one of the fundraisers posted on Facebook, the Emergency Support Fundraiser for Micah Veanes, the teen is being treated at the Shriners Hospital for Children’s burn unit in Galveston, Texas.
Opal Gallego, Denson’s mother, said Veanes was fly fishing from his kayak on a family pond with his phone’s camera capturing his face as he fished.
“Micah is notorious for FaceTiming everybody on everything,” Gallego said.
For more on this story see Wednesday's LCR.